You must be at least 20 years old to be eligible for an open driver licence.
You can apply by visiting a:
• Transport and motoring customer service centre
• Participating Queensland Government Agent Program (QGAP) office
• Licence-issuing police station (in rural or remote areas of Queensland).
To upgrade your provisional licence to an open licence, you must:
• Have held your provisional licence for the required period
• Provide evidence of your identity
• Declare that you are medically fit to drive the class of vehicle.
• Pay the licence fee (if your current licence is expiring or expired).
You will still need to complete a driver licence application form (F3000) at police stations and most QGAP offices.
Download the F3000 form here